Many digital marketing trends have come and go.
But there’s one trend that seems to be here to stay: video marketing.
Consumers love video content.
The reason? Video content is a lot more engaging, more memorable and effective.
So, if you want greater social visibility, stronger customer loyalty, and a supportive online community, it’s time to provide your users with good quality video content. But in order to create engaging video content, you need to understand how video marketing works and start creating your marketing strategy around it.
So, when you think about the reasons why you should include videos in your marketing strategy, consider this first: what would you rather do? Would you read a longer content describing a product or would you rather watch an entertaining video that delivers the same info?
As it turns out 80% of people would rather watch a live video than reading. According to VimeoLifestream: “Live video is more appealing to brand audiences: 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog, and 82% prefer live video from a brand to social posts.”
Here are the top reasons why you need a video marketing strategy:
- You’ll increase conversions
- You’ll raise brand awareness and recognition
- You’ll improve the ROI
- You’ll build trust with your followers
- You’ll enjoy better rankings – search engines love videos
- You’ll notice an increased engagement
And here are some statistics that show just how important video marketing is:
- One minute in a video is worth about 1.8 million words
- People retain 65% of information from a video for three days longer
- 4 times as many consumers prefer to watch a video than to read about a product
- Organic engagement on Facebook is higher when the posts include videos (especially native videos)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement from users
- Posted on a landing page, a video can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- A video posted on social media can earn 12 times more shares than text and images combined
- 87% of online marketers choose to incorporate video marketing into their strategies
- Marketers who opt to use videos in their marketing strategy grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video
- Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
- Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017
- Companies that have implemented video marketing in their marketing strategy have seen a 27% increase in click-through rate (CTR) 34% higher web conversion rate
Videos are full of potential and clearly benefit your business. However, videos on their own are not enough. To ensure the success of your videos, you’ll need the right strategy behind it.
Videos + Video Marketing Strategy = Success
So, if you want to:
- increase brand recognition and awareness
- connect with your consumers in a more engaging way
- allow your users/customers to get to know your brand better
- provide the opportunity for users to learn about your company’s goal and mission…
… invest in video marketing.
Don’t know where to start? Let us provide a guideline and help you get started. Get in touch with us and tell us about the digital marketing goals you’d like to reach.
Or, if you have a specific project in mind get a free, live digital marketing evaluation with one of our Digital Marketing Experts.