Increase Your Conversion Rate by 150% with Re-marketing
For PPC consultants and digital strategists alike, the sole way to actually maximize conversions and engagement is by having a good understanding of your online audience and aligning their behavior accordingly. It is impossible to expect delivering the ROI (Return on investment) you have promised your client or boss without the knowledge of the following:
1. What motivates the online search progression of your potential consumer.
2. What concepts and subjects capture their attention.
3. What destinations and environments they frequent often while browsing.
This is because there are a lot of gaps in understanding the most appropriate conversion funnel to be followed by your consumers.
Improve your conversion rate
If you are having a hard time in understanding the online behavior of your target audience(s), then ensure you familiarize yourself with the concept of re-targeting.
What is re-targeting?
New to the world of paid search? Have you ever heard of the concept of re-targeting? Or probably you have a year or two of experience but you are yet to test out the tactic. Re-targeting is the ability to follow up the behavior of people who can be converted to customers.
How does It Work?
Generally, a specific type of code, that tracks the online behavior of whoever connects to any of your landing pages, is embedded on your website. Each time a new person visits your site, an anonymous browser cookie is attached to the visitor by the embedded code. This in turn allows your re-targeting provider to know where to run your adds depending on the behavior of the visitor, based on where they browse online.
For instance, if you, as an online user, looks up for the services of a particular search marketing agency in Georgia for example, you select whichever website that appears on top of the SERP. You then realize that you have all the relevant information you need after a few minutes and leave the site promptly without even sending an inquiry or purchasing their services.
After leaving the website, and if re-targeting is set up, you will realize that the ads of the search agency begin to follow you around, crowding in areas which are not owned by the agency but relate to what they what they stand for or what they do.
Simply put, that is the concept of re-targeting. For digital marketers, this tactic is responsible for improving ad responses to the highs of 400%(adobe report).
Take note that re-targeting is different from re-marketing. May people have always confused the two concepts; if you are one, then you are not alone. The confusion can be attested to Google Adwords, that launched a form of re-targeting in their display network in 2010, which they referred to as “Re-marketing”.
It should therefore come to your attention that re-marketing is particulate to the display network of Google Adwords and Re-targeting is the marketing approach behind re-marketing.
20 Reasons why you should Include Re-targeting in Your PPC Campaign:
There are plenty of benefits that come with re-targeting campaigns, from increasing transactions/conversions to improving brand loyalty.
1. The chances of converting online users into paying customers increase by 70% with re-targeting with display ads.
2. According to AdReady survey, 46% of all search engine marketers claim that re-targeting is the least used online marketing technology.
3. According to eMarketer, 60% of online consumers within US increase their shopping carts depending on similar services/products offered in re-targeting ads.
4.When connected to re-targeting applications, conversions and click-through-rates dedicated to Email campaigns improve by 5%.
5. The mean click-through-rate for a normal display ad is 0.07% only, compared to a re-targeted ad’s CTR that is around 0.7%.
6. Your previous visitors are reminded that your brand still exists and are showed how to reconnect with your online presence. Clients who somehow got distracted by other factors and left your website easily find their way back to your site at a later time.
7. Re-targeting enhances insight around consumer behavior and improves monthly reporting. It becomes possible for Google Analytics to provide information showing the number of consumers who are returning to your website, and their level of dedication for your brand.
8. Re-targeting Ads can be customized and personalized. This feature enables you to adjust the ads in ways that keep the clients engaged and in turn resolve high bounce rates.
9. Extensive research and statistics offered by slideshare.com reveal that 59% of online customers posses a neutral reaction to re-targeted ads.
10. Online customers, who are confronted with re-targeted ads are three times more likely to click or select your ad, compared to people who have never interacted with your brand before.
11. According to a study conducted by DataXu, re-targeting can increase conversion rate by up to 150%. Businesses dedicated to client service enjoyed a whooping 128% increase in conversions. Other business associated with financial services saw 147% growth.
12. Re-targeting is the most effective way of getting potential clients to get back to a specific site, according to comScore. Re-targeting leads to 726% increase in return visitors and 1,046% in branded search, just after 4 weeks of being exposed to the original ad.
13. Kimberly-Clark continuously enjoys a 50-60% increase in conversion rates among re-targeted customers.
14. According to a 2014 report provided by chango.com, 38% of marketers conduct re-targeting campaigns on Twitter.
15. Customers are 26% more likely to get back to your website and browse through with the check-out process.
16. 49% of brands and 68% of agencies are currently restructuring their budgets and relocating funds to transit from traditional advertising to re-targeting.
17. According to Wishpond, 25% of online customers enjoy receiving behaviorally re-targeted ads. This is because such ads remind them of what they were looking for previously.
18. About 60% of US consumers admit to noticing ads for brands they looked up on other sites.
19. 42% of re-targeting is used to create brand awareness, 56% to acquire clients, and 11 % to acquire clients from competition.
20. About 68% online advertisers use Facebook’s FBX exchange to re-target.
Launch your campaign now
Convinced that re-targeting is the best approach? If so, ensure you consider some tips as you set up your initial campaign.
- Include “burning” in your campaign: If a particular consumer is being followed up and eventually converts into a consumer, remove them from your campaign. This will be very essential in helping you differentiate between customers that are keeping up with your conversion funnel and those who still need to be nurtured.
- Establish a frequency cap on your campaign so as to control the level of exposure each consumer receives as well as the frequency of your ads. You can practice 15 to 20 ads every month.
- Segment your ads for better alignment with consumer behavior and to also provide the best forms of messaging and content to every individual visitor. Based on your level of aggressiveness for in-depth data, segment your ads for alignment with all the levels of marketing conversion funnel, for every landing page existing on your website.